Monday, February 18, 2008

Sony Xplod b



RDS (Radio Data System) would be used to advertise the fact that Sony Xplod stereo systems are so clear, you hear every word correctly. Above is one example of how the campaign looked. Because the RDS signal is digitally assigned per song, any radio with an alpha/numeric display can show a customized message for each one. Other messages in the campaign:

Jimmy Hendrix, Purple Haze-
"If you're singing 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy' get help. -Sony Xplod."
(Correct Lyrics- "Scuse me, while I kiss the sky")

Elton John, Tiny Dancer-
"Don't sing 'Hold me close and tie me down sir' at karaoke. -Sony Xplod."
(Correct Lyrics- "Hold me closer tiny dancer")

Generic messages would play during commercial breaks-
"Base shouldn't blow your speakers. -Sony Xplod."

Cannes Young Lions Runner Up, 2006

Cannes Young Lions is a contest where each entry must be work that could not have been done five years ago, or work that uses a medium in a totally unique way. RDS has been available in car radios for over a decade, but nobody's used it in this way before.

No comments: